Thursday, April 19, 2012

Makeup review: NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is SPF 30

Those of you who know me personally know what a big makeup lover I am and how I can wax poetic about false eyelashes forever.  I've been on the quest to find a new foundation lately and this lead to to NARS.  I was already familiar with the brand and Francois' gorgeous matte lipsticks and his legendary Orgasm blush, but to be honest, I've always been a light powder kind of girl and never ventured into cream foundations.

I did buy the NARS sheer matte foundation in Siberia, but that's an entirely different post about how no one makes foundation for pasty girls.

I digress...

So I was curious, and had read a ton of reviews about how awesome NARS tinted moisurizer is.  So I picked some up yesterday, and it really is a holy grail product.  First let me state that I tend to stay clear of anything with the word radiant in the title.  I've had "radiant" foundations make me look like a disco ball, but I was hoping for something different, and I am so glad I took the plunge.

What the website says...

Your skin – almost bare, but better. This advanced, oil-free formula provides a translucent veil of color and sun protection while helping to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots in just four weeks. Infused with lush, naturally derived botanicals and ingredients to immediately helps thirsty skin feel hydrated. Kopara from French Polynesia and mineral rich seawater revive and re-mineralize skin for a softer, smoother, and brighter natural glow. Skin is transported.
  • Advanced sun protection
  • Hydrates and helps reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation 
  • and dark spots for a brighter natural glowOil-free. Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Synthetic fragrance free.

I think this is the perfect, perfected look for spring/summer.  Light and not cakey.  With a lovely blush, a simple eye and a red lip, you can't go wrong.

The colour range is good (again if I can find a colour that works, which in this line is Finland) anyone can.  The ranges are better for women of colour, but the lightest is perfect for anyone who is a pasty girl like me. 

What is touted on the website is true.  When it took it off last night my skin was soft and smooth, it looked better that it had that morning.  I haven't used it to see if it fades hyper pigmentation, but I'm curious, as I do have a few sunspots.  The texture is almost gel like, very easy to spread and easy to blend.  I was a little worried initially when putting it on, it looked a little heavy, but it blended out so smoothly.  I did let it set up for a few minutes before giving it another look.  By the time I looked again, it did look like my skin, only better, and the "radiant glow" can only be described as a natural highlight.  Gorgeous!  My skin looked perfect.  I didn't even need to set this, a little blush and 8 hours later still fresh, even with my oil slicked of a face. 

This will accompany me to NYC this weekend.  I think it will serve me well and I won't have to take six different products with me, and trust me, anything to pair down my packing is a welcomed addition.


No comments:

Post a Comment