Monday, April 26, 2010

Psycho about skin care?



So in the past couple of weeks my dear, old friend Pete has been refering to me as Patrick Bateman from "American Psycho", simply because I am obsessed with taking care of myself.  Which I am.  I have a very strick routine that I do every day.

  •  (morning): Look in the mirror and scrutinize every line, pore and bag that has appeared over night
  •  steam open pores with a warm wash cloth, wash my face, this usually takes a little more than a minute, using a seaweed and clay cleanser, massage massage massage and finally rinse.
  • Tone with seaweed toner, Vit C serum, essential oil serum, and moisturizer with sun screen.

 Night....

  • Remove all traces of makeup using a makeup remover towelette.
  • Cleanse with an aromatherepy milk cleanser to deep cleanse all of the buildup from the day.
  • Tone with rose water toner, essential oil serum, and anti aging antioxidant moisturizer, sometimes a retinol treatment if my skin is not too sensitive.
I mask nearly every night.  Giving a deep treatment and also providing the skin with an occlusive seal is excellent for delaying the aging process.  The occlusive seal is important because it smothers the skin and makes the blood come rushing to the surface thus supplying the upper most layers of skin with fabulous new blood supply.  MMMMMM freshness!  Masking is super easy and very affordable.  You can make your own using fresh fruit and veggies or an excellent mask made by a reputable skin care line.  Either way, it's a super important part of skin care.

So live by Patrick Bateman's example of taking care of one's self and the importance of excellent card stock.  Put your best face forward, and that doesn't mean wearing someone else's

No comments:

Post a Comment